The programme at the centre is varied and encompasses a wide range of arts activities, including visual arts, crafts, music, dance, drama and literature. These are run according to the following principles, set out by the steering group in 2002.
Under the Edge Arts should be:
A project for the benefit of the local community to:
- actively promote participation in and enjoyment of the arts for people in Wotton
- provide opportunities for learning and personal development through the arts including extending individuals' and groups' skills, techniques and knowledge;
- provide equality of access for children and young people, older people and people with disabilities;
- provide opportunities to promote and celebrate the work of local artists and crafts people; and
- provide a local venue to bring arts activity to a wider audience.
A project that is self governing, independent and sustainable with a strong forward programme of arts activities.