- Friday from 8pmUnder the Edge ArtsFriday from 8pmUnder the Edge Arts, Wotton-under-Edge GL12 7AF, UKFriday from 8pmUnder the Edge Arts, Wotton-under-Edge GL12 7AF, UKFree entry, donations welcome, bar open The Friday Night Blues Jam is an invitation to join in and play 'the blues' as part of a band. You can bring your instruments along, sing or just enjoy a drink and tap along to the groove! All levels of ability welcome.
- Friday from 8pm, MonthlyUnder the Edge ArtsFriday from 8pm, MonthlyUnder the Edge Arts, Wotton-under-Edge GL12 7AF, UKFriday from 8pm, MonthlyUnder the Edge Arts, Wotton-under-Edge GL12 7AF, UKBringing the benefit of jazz as an art form to the local community and to multiple levels of ability. All instruments/vocalists will be made welcome. If you can play the blues and want to have a crack at jazz – this is for you! If you want to come and just listen that is fine too.
- Date & Time to be confirmedUnder the Edge ArtsDate & Time to be confirmedUnder the Edge Arts, Wotton-under-Edge GL12 7AF, UK
- Sun, 21 FebUnder the Edge Arts21 Feb 2021, 10:00 – 16:00Under the Edge Arts, Wotton-under-Edge GL12 7AF, UK21 Feb 2021, 10:00 – 16:00Under the Edge Arts, Wotton-under-Edge GL12 7AF, UKA collection of paintings and prints by local artist Rebecca Clark. The main focus of the exhibition will be pen and watercolour paintings and prints of local buildings; mainly located in Wotton-under-Edge. There will also be a range of local photographs.
- Sat, 15 MayUnder the Edge Arts15 May 2021, 10:00 – 16 May 2021, 16:00Under the Edge Arts, Wotton-under-Edge GL12 7AF, UK15 May 2021, 10:00 – 16 May 2021, 16:00Under the Edge Arts, Wotton-under-Edge GL12 7AF, UKA collection of paintings and prints by local artist Rebecca Clark. The main focus of the exhibition will be pen and watercolour paintings and prints of local buildings; mainly located in Wotton-under-Edge. There will also be a range of local photographs.
Spring Garden and Studio Trail
1-3 May 2021
A biannual weekend of wonderful Spring gardens including nationally significant local gardens not usually open to the public. Several open artists studios are incorporated in the programme as well as garden sculpture. Refreshments available. The 2021 programme includes Stancombe Park.
5-8 February 2021
Rarely has a Wotton event captured the imagination as did the inaugural February 2020 Wanderland. The 2021 dates are set - now with four days to walk the town and see how everyone can use art and design to set out their ideas and entertain. The event is free and workshops are laid on for all entrants. We hope again for hundreds of adults and children to work together on brightening the town during the dark nights of winter.
I Love Wotton Carol Singing
Every December UTEA host an ‘I Love Wotton Carol Singing’ event in the Chipping hall. Sharing a little Christmas cheer, it's a great opportunity to catch up with friends and sing some seasonal songs around the piano. Everyone is welcome. It's free to attend with donations encouraged for a chosen local charity. Last year we raised over £500 for the local food bank. This year's date will be announced soon, arrive early, it's very popular!
Wotton Arts Festival
As a result of the latest Government advice we have decided to postpone this 50th Arts Festival at least until the Autumn, but most likely until Spring 2021. This is done with great regret, but we really have no choice.
Anyone who has bought tickets for any event is asked to retain them, and we will exchange them for new ones to the same event at the time the new Festival is organised. If there are real problems about this, please contact us via the form on this website.
Spring into Summer Festival
27 March 2021
An annual 18 hour celebration of the arts free to attend - music, dance, theatre, choir, painting, stories. Over thirty events spread over two venues; the intention is to introduce to the whole community the wide span of what is on offer at UTEA. Donations through the event. An annual joyous day at the turn of the seasons.
Wotton Area Climate Action Network
25 June 2020
We are a local, community-led climate action group, focusing on engaging residents and working with other groups to initiate and encourage practical actions within our community to reduce carbon emissions - working towards the Carbon Neutral 2030 Vision. We meet every month in the Chipping Hall.
Hire The Chipping Hall
Why not hire The Chipping Hall for a one-off event?
The hall makes a great venue for a party or group meeting. The kitchen, seating, staging, lighting and sound systems can be at your disposal. We are easy to find with excellent access and parking directly outside.
Private function hire: £20 per hour plus £50 deposit
Please contact email@example.com for more details including availability and price.